Havin a rough time...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ntswift

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm trying to redo my tank so that i can keep all the corals happy and not stinging each other, but I'm kinda having a hard time figuring out which corals can be close or touching and which ones can't. Anyway so my question is can any mushrooms or ricordeas be put touching each other no matter if they are the same kind or not? The last one, can a kenya tree be put close to zoo's with out stinging each other? I know some of these questions are stupid but i cant really find what I'm looking for anywhere else. Thanks again!

I have different types of mushrooms that are touching and they are doing OK. The kenyan tree and zoo`s I dont know about.

Cool thanks. I'll try to post a picture tonight to see what you guys think about it and if I should move anything.

If anything touches the zoo's they will retract, even if it does not sting them. Why stress them if you can help it?

Yeah the pics are after the aquascape. I agree about the zoo's not getting stressed out. I just cant figure out where to put them. I had my tank almost like the way it is now except the hammer coral was in the top center of the tank. It was getting way too much flow and i heard they like moderate light so i figured I'd put it closer to the middle bottom, out of the current. So i tore my tank apart trying to aquascape around the hammer coral but no luck. so i just took a rubber band and stuck it to the rock that it's on now. At least its out of the direct current and its not so close to the lights. Any suggestions on placement of things?

I suggest you look at other peoples galleries and see their placement. Just keep in mind their lighting as a certain coral will have different placement for different types of lighting. Here is mine with VHO lighting

Attachments

• 000_0015_768.jpg
    000_0015_768.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 000_0016_154.jpg
    000_0016_154.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 23
You have the right idea as far as placement of the hammer. It will be next to impossible for someone to tell you where without seeing the tank in person. If all else fails you may have to look at pointing the PH's different so you can make a good. spot for it.

Yeah, I know its hard to tell with out being here to look at it, but just seeing if anyone saw anything that is completely wrong and shouldnt be that close. other than that, I've just tried going off of liveaquaria to see placement and lighting conditions to sort of put things where they belong. Thanks for the help though!

Back
Top Bottom