Having 2nd thoughts about fish list....suggestions needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zenn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
right now i have 2 false percula clowns in my tank. I was planning on a pair of neon gobies, a yellow tang and a flame angel. But now i'm considering revising my list because i'm worried the neon gobies will be too small and boring. My question is, what is a cool goby or blenny to get that would fit into my tank (take into account that i still plan on the flame angel to be added last)? Any suggestions of your favorite bottom dweller that would work with the clowns and flame angel would work. TIA

Purple firefish. Mine hangs out all day about 4 inches from the sand and just swims into the current. Doesn't actually move much but very cool and not boring. My royal gramma ventures a little further out than the firefish and is quite active around the mid/lower part of the tank.

I have a randalls shrimp goby paired up with a tiger pistol shrimp. Very cool to watch. I think you could get one of the larger shrimp gobys, or a lawnmower blenny would be cool, they have great personalities.

Don't give up on the neon (blue?) gobies. Get a mated pair. They are cleaner fish too. Not much at all on the bio-load, and I like seeing the little streak of neon blue. Variety is not borign IMO.

On the bottom. Have you thought about a pistol shrimp and goby combination? You can still do that with the neon gobies too IMO.

Blennies. My favorite is the Midas. Swims out front. Perches on rocks and sticks his head out to see everything. Nice gold/yellow color depending on size. One of the fangs, the Canary is a smaller, beautifully colored yellow and swims out front too. The bi-color is neat also. Hangs out on the rocks. Blennies have great personality IMO.

My favorites are the pink spotted goby and black sailfin blenny which I have in my tank now.

2 percs
Flame angel
yellow tang
6 line wrasse
randalls shrimp goby+pistol shrimp

The randall's is definatly beautiful.

Attachments

• uw2_matangi_jgutekunst_i014.jpg
    uw2_matangi_jgutekunst_i014.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 45
i had a tiger pistol shrimp delievered from saltwaterfish.com....but it died. I don't know how that compares to the randalls.

Yellow watchman goby...of course I wanted to kill mine because he always got sand everywhere. They are jumpers, though.

Back
Top Bottom