having problems with bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

klubvibez

Aquarium Advice Regular
my aquarium water is crisp and clean except for billions of microscopic almost bubbles that are clouding up the water. ive traced the problem to my sump. the water comming out of the protein skimmer is heavily "bubbled up" its almost white its so bubbly. my main pump is suckling in this bubbly freshly skimmede water and shooting it into my tank, this is why my tank water is bubbly. i dont know if im being clear, i dont know how else to describe it :-(

I dont know what kind of skimmer you have, but it might need to be adjusted. If you have a venturi, you might need to cut back on the air intake. If your protein skimmer is a H.O.T type, you might want to have the skimmer outlet run over a filter pad to reduce the bubbles....

Hi, I have the same skimmer and I had the same problem. Went to my local LFS (Tongs in FV, CA) and the owner told me to place a 100micron filter bag between the skimmer's outlet and the sump.

I raised my sump a few inches, added a 90deg elbow and a few inches of PVC to drain the water into the sock. Bubbles are gone. Worked like a charm and I'm happy.

Thanks Tong!

Back
Top Bottom