Having to downgrade from a 75 to a..10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CEverii

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, my new apartment doesn't allow fish tanks any larger then 10 gallons... Anyway, just wondering what am I going to expect as far as a 10 gallon. How often do am I going to have to do water changes, how much on average are lighting for a reef tank light setup, how many fish am I looking at keeping?

You`ll need to be more attentive to the 10 gallon. You`ll need to do more frequent PWC`s. Just remember that the 75 would be more forgiving than the 10 gallon because of water volume.

do yourself a favor and pick up an 8 gallon aquapod. i do my water change with a pitcher.

two little clowns and a shrimp

Prepare to do water changes every couple days until the tank is cycled. That is if you keep fish in there during the cycling process. Once the tank is cycled, you can just do a PWC once a week. That's all I do with mine. Really nothing more than I do with my 55g. The only aggrivating part was the cycling cause I had fish.

So have a 10 gallon tank with a 75 gallon sump :)

Haha thats what I do. I have my 12 display and a monster sump underneath. My landlord saw it and thought the whole thing was around 20 gallons. I feel your pain though, I downgraded from a 90 to a 3 gallon and now have upgraded to a 12.

Back
Top Bottom