Hazy Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angeladawng

Aquarium Advice Activist
OK, silly question but here goes....

I have 2 tanks...one is a 56 column FW tank which I have 3 fantail goldies that is CRYSTAL clear, sparkling actually. My 75g saltwater is a different story. I am currently running an Emporer 400, Seaclone 100 skimmer, & 2 1050 Koralia circulation pumps.

Ph 8.0
Ammo 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate less than 5

50 lbs base rock
30 lbs live rock

2 green chromis
3 blue sapphire damsels
2 bangii cardinals
1 anthias
1 white tail bristletooth
2 hermit crabs
1 astrea snail
3 nassarius snails

the water is not "cloudy" and I change out 15 gallons EVERY Sunday, but it is hazy...hard to explain but I am dreaming of having it as clear as my FW tank. Please, please, please help....at the end of my rope on this one and don't know what to do

More info would be helpful, how are your filters set up (sump?), how long has it been running, how do you do your WCs, substrate, things like that.

I had a hazy look till I figured it out .
it was a residue building on inside glass once I cleaned it , it is as clear as you could ever imagine

More info would be helpful, how are your filters set up (sump?), how long has it been running, how do you do your WCs, substrate, things like that.

the emporer 400 filter has filter floss and a bag of chemi pure in each compartment. I do not have a sump and don't have any room for one. The seaclone skimmer is a HOB also. The tank has been up for 3 months. I syphon out the 15 gallons of water each week and vacuum the sand a little as I am doing it. I am using aragonite sand for substrate.

also, I am using distilled water for top offs and I purchase pre made saltwater for my PWC's from Petco

here's a couple pics side by side.....

Attachments

• 003 (2).jpg
    003 (2).jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 114
  • 004 (2).jpg
    004 (2).jpg
    260 KB · Views: 148
I just switched to the ultra blues and water sparkles
I have 2 aquatic life HO T-5 duelies
2 10K white daylights 34w
2 ultra blue actnics 34w