Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-02-2014, 08:04 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Head height and pump for ATO

I'm looking to pump water from my reservoir, a 35 gallon bucket in my basement, up to my ATO in my tank stand for sump on the first floor of my house. I have an extra MJ12 and also have an extra Mag 9. I'm pretty sure the MJ12 would hook up fine to the Tunze Osmolator without issue but struggle to push the ATO return that far (App. 22'). I don't think the Osmolator will power up a Mag 12 but that would be more than enough power to push an ATO line. For some reason, the Mag 12 occassionally doesn't start without a tap. That would be a bad choice for something coming on and off regularly. The MJ12 would be perfect if it will even push the water the distance necessary. Could use some feedback and suggestions on this. Thanks in advance for your time!

Old 09-02-2014, 08:10 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Dosing pumps have pretty high head pressure, but maybe not quite 22 feet. Can you raise the top off reservoir a few feet off the ground in the basement?

Old 09-02-2014, 08:28 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Not really! I am trying to set up a water change and fill station in my unfinished basement. There is one area that has an 8' x 6' concrete slab where I am trying to get my two buckets set up. I want to have a 30 gallon bucket as reservoir and a 30 gallon bucket to mix my water and then feed it up to my tank for water changes. I'm also going to rig something up for draining the tank down into the basement where the basement drainage is. But that is still a mystery to me. Just want to make life easy as far as water changes and keeping the tank topped off. My new house has hardwood floors throughout and my first water change last night was an absolute nightmare. Not to mention bringing in buckets of RO water every day to top off as I haven't set up my ATO. If I have to buy some equipment that is not a problem, just want it right and trying to make due with all the useless equipment I've paid for and is lying around collecting dust. Thanks for your reply!
Old 09-02-2014, 09:58 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Pan World Magnetic Water Pump
Perhaps something like the 150PS.

Tags
pump

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com