Heads!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nycfatcow

Aquarium Advice Freak
What does heads mean...this guy is offering 2 heads of frogspawn, 2 heads of hammer coral, 2x3 piece of favia, 2 heads of candy cane, and some green with beige polyps...ohh yeh im trading a blue hippo for it...think its a good trade?

I could be wrong but to me, two heads would be two branches/polyps of a branching LPS coral.

hmmm any other peopel wanna comment...i really dont know what it is..

Yes 2 branches. The frogspawn and hammer are cool corals and 2 heads could be about the size of a baseball ... maybe. Candy can is cool too. Sounds like a good deal to me.

nice nice thanks man...you are the coral pro along with hara and fluff!!!

Like they said each head is a separate coral attached by a skeleton branch/base. The trade sounds fair if thats what you want. They are nice corals, i would have them email a pick of the corals or see them in the tank before they bag them up. Some heads can be big golf ball size to baseball and some can be dime size depending on age. So i would ask before the trade if a pic can't be sent. Candy cane heads tend to be smaller the FW and hammers. They are nice corals also.

hmmm i found out the guy replied....
Candy is about quater size, frogs are about pingpong ball size, hammers are little smalle than frog. favia is 2x3". It depends on lighting and water......
is this still a good deal?

sounds like 60 bucks minimum worth of frags.. sounds like a decent deal if they look good.. see if you cant get some pics.. :p

hmmm i dont think hes gonna send me pics....the frogspawn is green with pink tips? imma also get green zoa with beige centers....at leave 10 polyps....Where do i place these corals int he tank? also waht do i feed them?thanks

I would keep the hammer and frog together (they cant hurt eachother) and they need to be at least 6 inches away from everything else, sweaper tenticals.. the flow needs is considered "moderate" or just out of the way of any main exits to your ciculation system.. candy cane has similar flow needs.. thats what I know of the top of my head.. HTH

Back
Top Bottom