Healthy anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

David87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409832929.396901.jpg

Hello guys, does this BTA look healthy to you? (I am new in the reef world and I still don't know much about anemones)
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Nobody knows?

It seems to look okay. How long have you had the tank setup up? and what kind of lights are you running?
I was feeding mine 3 times a week silversides cut in half depending on the size of the nem but I have cut back to like 3 times a month.

Can you get a closer pic? Kind if looks a little more like a sebae than BTA in that pic

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409891443.545470.jpg

It was like this at the LFS the day I bough it. The tank is RSM 240 T5 watts over 65 gallons 5 months old.

Thanks Garrett :)

Looks to be loosing coloration. My guess would be due to insufficient lighting and your tanks not really mature enough for nem yet either.

you should do your research BEORE you make a purchase. Take it back and give your tank and yourself 6-9 more months to mature and get to know it.

What is exactly the difference from 4 month tank and 6 month tank? Can a tank mature that much in 2 months that it will make that big difference to the anemone?

BEFORE purchase the animal I red some article in which it was suggested to wait 6 months in order to buy an anemone, but it wasn't a rule, that depend from tank to tank...

Back
Top Bottom