Healthy or not

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can't really tell from that pic, but Blue tangs are very prone to ich. Stress from a small tank, aggressive tank mates, and other things can easily set them off. It looks like that's a QT that you have him in. That's a good start.

Do you know what caused your 1st tang to die?

It's in qt. just curious about there behavior. How to tell if they are healthy or what not. He's a swimmer. All over the tank

But eating didn't tell me mug about the one I lost. Got him Saturday. Didn't eat Sunday. Ate like a chance yesterday and died today. Didn't make since to me

Ah good. How's the tang eating? Are you treating with copper?

I have a powder blue tang that I just bought .
The first night was kinda hard ,
He is settled now ,
But speaking if eating he is picking at algae but when I fed the tank he never ate .
Either he was to slow and everything else ate it or he wasn't hungry .
I dosed the whole tank with amino acid( contains copper ( very little percentage )
Does copper only have to do with QT or tangs ?

You only want to use copper in qt. corals and inverts are very sensitive to copper hyposalinaty works just as well in a qt.

I started a thread with subject amino acid .
I posted pictures of the bottle and label
Apparently the LFS swears by it

I was reading that. It's got a lot of trace metals in it. I'd be afraid to use it myself. I've done a lot of research but I've only had salt water tanks for about 3 months. A friend of mine told me not to add anything unless I check the levels first. Kinda like to calcium dosing without checking lvls of calcium. Need that right amount

Back
Top Bottom