Healthy red bubble tipped anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's your salinity and do you use a refracto? Or hydrometer?

Thanks everyone i just wanted to know if it was healthy and I thought the guy was giving me decent advice but obviously not. I wasn't trying to be mean I just thought his advice was correct. The lighting hours are 8-9 so 13 hours a day. The lighting is the one that comes with the aqua space 55l. Thought it was odd but it look like this today.View attachment 236307

Well, just looking at the picture I can see that the main issue at hand is lack of lighting. PC bulbs, unless large numbers of them, won't be able to supply the intensity necessary. Even with T5HO bulbs, you need more than 4 4 bulbs for an anemone to be healthy and thrive. This being said, I prefer the 2-3 watt LEDs to supply the necessary lighting they need due to being lower priced and longer life of the diodes.

I'm not sure what my lighting is so when they turn off in a couple of hours I'll take a pic of the system that's over the tank. I use a refractor and it says my salinity is 1.025.

Your lighting with that tank is only for fish viewing, the nem will die over time unless you are willing to spend lets say $100 for the proper lighting. also you tanks really is too small for a nem, they get 10-15 inches in diameter. I would take it back until you have a stable set up to keep it alive.

eha8yry3.jpg

This lta was five inches opened a few months ago, now well over a foot. I've tried different lights before, but both this nem, and my carpet migrated to be under my Hydra (highest intensity of my lights) they really thrive under intense lighting and very good water in a aged environment. Yours does look like it needs more light at the least to be happy

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks every one for your responses. Will I definitely need to get rid of it if this is my lighting? Obviously it's off but this is what the system looks like.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399443412.264143.jpg

Just looking at the fixture I don't see any heat sinking or fans so it's likely not powerful enough to grow much of anything.

Back
Top Bottom