Healthy red bubble tipped anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomtom14

Aquarium Advice Freak
My anemone looks like this a day or 2 after I feed it. Is something wrong with it?

Yes but it always recovers, To look normal again.

I would stop feeding it. You don't have to feed bubble tips, they get what they need from the light.

I'm by no means an expert but I only Feed mine about every 3 or 4 weeks...mysis shrimp.

Maybe too much feeding and it's having problems digesting ?

Again no expert here

Thanks for all you advice water parameters have been checked and it's all fine.

When I had mine I never fed it. It gets all it needs from the lighting and water column. How often are you feeding it? Anenomes need a mature tank of at least a year old IMO. Also what type lighting are you using?

I feed mine a tiny bit of prawn every 4 days. Tiny being a quarter of a finger nail. My tank is just 5 months old and the lighting is fine.

What is the definition of fine? What kind of system and how much intensity? Your tank is not mature enough IMO and if you are going to feed only do it every few weeks.

I have had someone personally check the system and he said it was fine as long as what is in the tank doesn't need very high intensity light. He owns a shop with a variety of corals fish not even a shop more like a warehouse so I trust him when he said it was fine.

You can't come on here and just say my buddy said it is fine, no one is going to want to help you with that kind of response. You come on here and ask for advise and when some one trys to help, you say more less I don't care, my buddy said it was fine. There are many people who own "shops" that have far less experiences the the combined consortium knowledge on this forum.

With that said, your nem does not look good at all, your tank is far too new to have one and as others said nems need the highest lighting of almost any corals. And nems also do not need fed if they have the proper conditions, lighting and steady water parameters. And if you do not have all 3, feedings are not going to help. Good luck.

You can't come on here and just say my buddy said it is fine, no one is going to want to help you with that kind of response. You come on here and ask for advise and when some one trys to help, you say more less I don't care, my buddy said it was fine. There are many people who own "shops" that have far less experiences the the combined consortium knowledge on this forum.

With that said, your nem does not look good at all, your tank is far too new to have one and as others said nems need the highest lighting of almost any corals. And nems also do not need fed if they have the proper conditions, lighting and steady water parameters. And if you do not have all 3, feedings are not going to help. Good luck.

+1, and if this "ware house owner" is telling you that your lighting is low and then that it's enough for a BTA, then they are giving you bad advice and you should stop listening to them. Also as the others have said your tank isn't nem ready, and the feeding is just going to add nutrients to the water. IMHO you should rehome the nem and try again once you upgrade your lighting, let your system mature (about a year), and do a lot of research on the care requirements for BTA's

It takes a lot of work for a nem to eat. I feed mine every 3 days bits of mysis. Nems need intense lighting. But will be fine and can adjust to lower lighting.. They just prefer intense. Something has got to be wrong in your tank to look like that. What are your params. And what's your light schedule? Also. What light are you using?

Prawn may not be good for the nem.. Try some mysis. Mine love it

Thanks everyone i just wanted to know if it was healthy and I thought the guy was giving me decent advice but obviously not. I wasn't trying to be mean I just thought his advice was correct. The lighting hours are 8-9 so 13 hours a day. The lighting is the one that comes with the aqua space 55l. Thought it was odd but it look like this today.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399390615.080702.jpg

It def don't look happy. When was your last water change? I would stay away from prawns for a while. Give it some time to recover. It does look like it may be looking for light. I've never heard of that light. Is it t5 or power compact?

I do a water change weekly on Thursday. The light says aqua one and I think it is power compact.

Back
Top Bottom