Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-15-2005, 07:07 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to SeriousDude5
Healthy Super Colroed Polyps?

Do these look healthy do you I notice some whitish bubbles growing on some in the lower left.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	polyps_199.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	152  

Old 01-15-2005, 07:45 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I can't see the bubbles, but what I can see looks normal. Thats how my zoo's at night or when something is touching them.

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
clowninround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 07:54 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

if you look at it you can see them in the lower left hand cornor they are kind of hard to see in the pic but I might be able to get another pic of them so you can see them betterr..
Old 01-15-2005, 08:08 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

yeah that would work

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
clowninround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 10:00 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

They look irritated. Is this how they always are?
Old 01-16-2005, 12:12 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I just got them 5 days ago about 1/3 to 1/2 are opened they said it could take up to 2 weeks to open fully. so we shall see....
Old 01-16-2005, 01:16 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

We got a sun polyp coral that took a good 2 weeks to start opening in our tank, give it some time...
Old 01-16-2005, 01:58 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

mncspradlin...Thank You for the reassurance I don't feel like having these things die being my first coral and all after 8 months my tank should be well established for the easy corals. I will give it another 10 days and see what happens I am doing my first feeding today I will let you know what happens with that.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:10 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

What kind of lights do you have and where do you have them situated in your tank? Maybe they are to close to the light. If they don't open for you, try moving them down farther and see if that helps.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:18 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

They are about half way up in my tank and I have 302 watts on my tank right now compact lighting they are sitting about half way up in the tank. Would you suggest me moving them to the bottom or closer to 1/4 way down?

Tags
polyp, polyps

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com