I was wondering if anybody has had experience with an overheated tank, and what kind of lasting effects it had on inverts? I came home from work yesterday and it was hot out. Our first real taste of summer at 34C( 97F).
The temp inside my house was 87F and the tank was at a whopping 90F. My inverts were closed up tighter than Fort Knox(mushrooms,sebae anemone and star burst polyps). So I added some ice packs to drop the temp and opened the hood and ran a fan across the surface. So far the temp has stayed about 80F(where I normally keep it) but the star burst and the sebae are still closed up. Do you think I may have damaged my inverts or should they recover in a few days? And the best part of the story is I get A/C on Sunday.