heater in skimmer? maybe a silly question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve r

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i have the aqua c remora skimmer. it look like the output chamber would fit one of my heaters. is this something icould do? it seems like it would be a cool way to hide a heater. any thoughts, pros / cons

thank as always
steve r

As long as the heater is submerged and not touching the acryllic, you'd probably be fine with that...

Not that I've tried or anything. Thats what sumps are for :)

You can do it. Just run the plug out through the water exit hole. I run mine this way.

that is the way i was going to do it. i can get one heater in there and i am going to get a HOB fug and put the other one in there. cool! :D

thanks for the info theatrus and darin

steve r

I'm doing it also with no problems. As Theatrus said, make sure it doesn't touch anywhere to be on the safe side.

mine touchs with no problems. If the heater got hot enough to melt acyrlic than something would be very wrong. But do what ever you are comfortable with! :D

Probably a good point. I just like saying that hot things and non-thermoplastics don't mix :)

another question..... how do you get the cord to stay in without breaking any seals???

RocketSeason said:
I wanna do that too, but I dont think I have the room. Phases99, How did you get yours to fit?

I have the Bakpak II, plenty of room for the heater. Thats the main reason I got it instead of the IIR.

Back
Top Bottom