Heater malfunction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swiftler

Aquarium Advice Activist
So yesterday I came home to discover that my heater sensor went out causing my tank to rise to 96 degrees. So far I have lost a chromis, my large one armed arrow crab, and a camel shrimp. Hopefully I won't come home to any more deaths. I'm really worried about my anemone. It was very in responsive last night but my clown still slept in it so I'm hoping for the best. :)

I keep hearing about all of these heater malfunctions and its scary. Sorry that it happened to you, what kind of heater did you use?

I don't remember the name. I'll look when I get home. It came with the tank from the LFS. I put in my old ebo jager 200 watt. I won't lie, I'm at work and all I'm thinking about is whether or not my tank is okay.

I would feel the same. Its scary knowing theres something wrong with your tank and you can't be there to help fix it. If the temp is still high when you get home, you can add ice to a ziplock bag and leave it in the tank for awhile to bring the temp down.

Good news. Nobody has died will I was at work. The anemone looks well and the tank is back at 76!!

Back
Top Bottom