Heater Question!!??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rod18844

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a nano cube and I a little confused about using a heater. Do I have to use one on the nano. The guy at the lfs said that I don't need it, and they had several nanos running without one. Does any one have one that runs with or without the heater. I want to hear some experiences. Thanks!

If you can keep the temp in the nano to a level of 78-80 with just lights and room temperature then no you wont need one. The smaller water amount would allow the water to heat up faster from only the lights. But the opposite holds also when the lights are out.

i have a 2 gal and my little shrimp is fine. if where your tank is gets real cold just to be safe i would get a little heater

It will also depend on the size of the nano is. I find larger ones do better with a heater and causes less restrictions with locations. As fishfreek said though, a constant ambient room temperature and not being subject to drafts is very important. My ¾ gal nano's do fine without heaters but the room temp is quite constant.

Best suggestion is once set up, run the tank for a few days and note the temp in the early AM, midday and just before the lights go off to see if it's needed before anything other than sand and LR are added.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom