heater troubles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alicappello

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
For some reason my heater isn't heating up my tank. When the light is one my tank will heat up to like 79 or 80 then when I wake up in the morning its like 68 - 72. I know the temp is right cause I have tested that like 3 times with different thermostats. I have the heater on as high as it will go and still nothing, the heater is warm but just mot my tank water. I went last week and got a new heater and the same thing happens. What can I do?

You didn't happen to plug it into a lamp receptical did you? An easy way to check would be plugging your aquarium light into the receptical you currently have the heater plugged into, turn on the light and then flip the light switch on the wall on and off.

How big is your tank? What type of heater is it???

Sounds like your heater is just broken, or way too small for your tank. During the day, your house warms up a bit, and the tank lights bring the tank to 80...

my tank is 25 gal and my heater is 200 watt. I don't think its broken because I just got it a few days ago because my old heater was doing the same thing and I thought that one was broken.

You didn't happen to plug it into a lamp receptical did you?

No I didn't

Back
Top Bottom