Heaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReefRaff

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok what's your best advice on heaters (In Tank). I'm currently using the "Pro Heat" Titanium heaters, but the rubber suction cup holders break down in the saltwater and I don't know if I like that. Gimmi your thoughts. Thanks,

Good heater, if it is just the suction cups you are worried about, can you place it standing in the corner of the tank or behind...I have mine in the sump w/o suction cups.

I just bought a 50G Breeder tank So there is no Sump, However, I have a 75 Gallon w/sump and I'ts no a problem on that set up. In the 50 I would want it Low and Horizontal so it will hide behind the rocks. Maybe I can find some Poly Urithane suction cups somewhere on the web :?: I'll look when I get home from work. I hate working saturdays. :cry:

I think that is a great heater, but many people use Ebo-Jager and they are great too. I think you could get some good suction cups at Dr. Fosters or somewhere, i know they sell a bunch.

Doesn't that heater have endcaps on the heating tube? I can't remember... If it does, I would think you could just let it lay on the bottom of the sump. An alternative idea would be to use a couple of CPVC tees and just stick one on each end of the heat tube. They would keep it off the floor of the sump a little. CPVC is rated for hot water so you wouldn't have to worry about it getting too hot although I don't think it would be a problem anyway.
Logan J

He doesnt have a sump on the 50 logan, just the 75, if I read that right, If you dont find some good cups, I dont know what to say. Not much help, but maybe some encouragement to find some.

Oh...I guess that big "(In Tank)" should have been a dead giveaway huh? :? . I'm a little slow sometimes. Lee has some aftermarket heater holders, but I have not been impressed with them. The heater in my 55g FW is hanging by the cord...no suction cups. I know...probably a bad idea, but no problems so far.
Logan J

Yea, thats a great attitude Logan, when I see the cord snapped and a bunch of black fish, I get some suction cups. Jk with ya. I dont think it will pose a threat

One reason I like to have it secured is that I like it to be neat looking, horazontal to the bottom about 1-1/2" up from the sand bed. what would be really great is a external filter that filters, heats, and has a UV in it all in one, but I think I'm reaching on this one. :crazyeyes:

Tetra TEC makes that heater/filter combo. But I have heard its loud.

IMHO UV is worthless unless your tank is problematic in the firstplace.

The tetra TEC, may be loud, but I would not want to pay $100 to save 4 cubic inches in my tank. Just my thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom