Heck ya boys and girls! Add yourselves another tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

d9hp

Aquarium Advice Addict
That's right, I now own a second SW tank. The FW planted is no more. I took the fish back, came home, emptied it. Dumped the substrate in the creek, washed it, came inside credit card cleaned, and now I sit. Staring into my empty tank, only consisting of a powerhead (micro jet that is great for the size), heater, and filter. I have everything running except the filter because it makes a lot of splash. The water is at this level because I am going to add sand and rock, and see no reason in wasting SW.

Ok, give me two months and I will have me one awesome tank. Eventually I want it to be a GSP tank, with walls, rocks, and hardware totally covered.

Ok, the first time I added rock and sand, I did not rinse. RINSE! The sand did not settle one bit and that sux. It ran for 4 days and nothing. So today I got fed up. I went outside and rinsed and rinsed, for about 20 minutes. Then I stacked the rock the way I wanted it, by the way it looks awesome. I attacthed a picture prior to adding water. I added the water and the water is not clear, but I can see the back of the tank, where as yesterday I could not see the other side of the glass pane.

Cool setup d9hp. Everytime I see a new tank being setup I want to start my own! I have a feeling I'm going to eat my own words I put in the "FW cost" thread.

I forgot to ask the big question...What all can I keep in this tank? I know I want at least one purple firefish and a cleaner shrimp. Some people told me two would be ok, but that seems a little cramped. What do you guys think?

Ok, not to be mister bumper, but the tank is clear and I took some pictures. I got two for ya.

Wow, looks great! Warn ya about the cleaner shrimp they get big I believe up to 2" although ours seem a lot bigger. Is this the 5 gallon you were talking about?

Nice sand depth! Aren't those little powerheads cool, they are so small!

Yes, this is a 5.5, i am a gonna get a really small cleaner, and trade it when he gets to two inches. The LFS has them right under one inch. I am only getting one firefish... I love the way I got the sand, it slopes real nice, from about 2.5 to 5ish in the back. Who says DSB are illegal in nanos....They better come talk to me, and just some advice, bring your lunch box...

Back
Top Bottom