hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haydro280

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so my tanks been up for about 5 months. A couple weeks ago I had a anemone detach from a rock and get sucked up in a wave maker. When that happened I came home and my entire tank was milky white and the anemone was dead. This guy here didnt seem to take that well either its a green bubble tip. Ive done quite a few water changes since then and he has been doing a lot better. Everyday he is getting bigger and bigger. Why is he bleach white? And will he get his color back? What do I do?

The anemone you have is photosynthetic. They require high amounts of light to survive. It is turning white due to not having enough light and it is stretching out to try to get enough to survive.

T5ho I turned the blue off so you can see his color better. He use to be green but after that incident with the other anemone this happened. He seems to be getting better but not to his full size yet nor color at all.

2 each. 2 blue 2 white. But my tank isnt that deep either

Well, then is have to say this is all lighting. I had 4 t5ho over my 55 and had similar issues when I started out. The other anemone was moving probably to get to more light, meeting your power head in. The process. The added stress from one anemone nuking your tank did not help your other and most likely hastened the bleaching/stressing of the other.

If you can possibly make a rock pile to try to get your anemone closer to the light it could help, if it decides to stay there. But it is your best bet to get stronger lighting. Keep in mind this will take a long time to recover from and is not an over night process. Also, increase lighting gradually as an anemone bleached puts it ok a fragile state.

I thought I was going to lose him cause he kept closing up a lot. But he has been getting better everyday. Bigger and bigger without closing. The other one moved because the top suction cup of the wave maker came off making it point down made him move. Witch really sucked and I wantes to cry. So I constantly check it now. Thanks for your help

Well, that might be enough over a 35. I personally would want 2 more bulbs but if you state there is improvement then that is a step in the right direction. Keep your parameters pristine and you should be ok.

Well I have also been reading that when bleaching occurs there is little probability that it will come back 100 percent. But ill keep my hopes up.

Back
Top Bottom