Hello all from Cozumel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quarryshark

Aquarium Advice Addict
The diving is great, the fish life incredible. Wish I could bring you all back some pets but.....I don't like jail 8O
Hope everyone is well, talk soon.
Post some pick when I return.

Hope your having a great time, I'm so jealous I wanted to go diving this summer but it looks like it's not going to happen.

Where are/did you stay?

I love Coz. We typically stay at El Cozumeleno, but have stayed at Paradisus and have friends who stay at La Cieba regularly.

Next time I go...El Cozumeleno. Love the place and the food. I'm an all-inclusive type, don't have to worry about anything.

yea ive done the all-inclusive thing but didnt work for me !! i'd rather drink at the bars downtown and eat downtown (like the food better as well )so no real point for me !! the best place to eat imo is pepe's grill for dinner and coconuts on the other said for lunch :) dont do breakfast due to going diving in the a.m. if i did id lose it 50' down heheh

El Coz has great food, adn I was very happy with it. Eating downtown is quite expensive. And drinking downtown will cost you a fortune as well. To each their own I suppose.

Im taking the family there from the 16th to the 19th. Our first trip, so we are all looking forward to it.

Any more advice about Coz?

if ya have time and or interested go to chichen-itza !! really really cool ruins !! its a bit of a trip to get there but worth it !! ya would have to take the boat to playa del carmen like 20 min boat ride then many ways to get to chichen-itza !! also the east side of the island is cool :) rent a car and take the tour around !!

Awesome. Hope your having fun! I wish I knew how to dive... sounds like an incredible experience.

Actually we are staying at the El Cozumeleno. Its really nice.
When I come solo I stay downtown at the Casa Mexicana, closer to the dive ops
We have been diving with Deep Blue, super fast small boats with a great crew.
Perhaps we can get all the diver together down here sometime for an AA divefest. 8)
Scuba Steve, going to the other side of the island tomorrow, I have heard its great.
nitrate, go with a small dive op, no cattle boats. Much better diving.

Other side of the Island has some major waves! Use to be a little resteraunt a couple of km past Chakanaub that was great. It was closed for remodeling last time we were there. Nice Strawberry Margaritas served in the best tasting pineapples.

cell phone ?? my guess! i could text message down there on cingular ! but would doubt they have gsm but mabe :) would be cool ! i can get on this site off my cell phone

Quarry
What part of MX? The wife and I are going to Playa Del Carmen area this month. Not diving but doing some snorkeling for sure. Not as good but oh well!! have a great time!

fishman ya can jump on the boat and get to cozumel in 20 min the last boat runs back at midnight i think mabe later ! great snorkeling there !! boat ride costs $7 each way

heh....i'll be in cancun in 3 weeks
I'm not going diving, but just the thought 12 beers before noon while sitting in the sun is good enough for me

You've gotta love all-inclusive resorts

Jim

Bearfan said:
What are you using for a connection at El Coz?

Bought a local dialup number. $16 for 30 hours, not a bad deal. Using my laptop. Still need to run my online business.
Slow connection, but it works.

Back
Top Bottom