Help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterTeen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well, I was needing some help on my new additions thread, but I guess you guys decided to dodge it :roll: What do I feed these new guys?? I have:

1 Green Star Polyp Colony (The mat kind)
1 Greencentered brown skirt zoos
1 "unknown zoo" it hasnt opened yet
1 red mushroom
1 blue mushroom with green spots

Also, my "unknown zoo" and my green star polyps arent all the way out. The "unknown zoo" has a green skirt, and I believe an orange center. The green star polyps have only 4-5 polyps out, but theres a whole rock with a nice big mat! Why arent there more out? They dont have that long of polyps either. Here are some pics

None of those really require a lot of work or special diets. They should be just fine eating what they get during feeding time. What do you currently feed your fish?

I don't target feed any of my zoo's, mushrooms, green star polyps etc...

Those use the light much like plants. As for feeding not really needed as mentioned. I will say the GSPs will over run every rock it touches, so stay on top of it less you want a green wall of GSPs! Check out my gallery, its tough keeping them off rocks I don't want them on.

GL!

new zoos and how long youve had them

I recently purchased two very similar zoos 1 is quite large aroung 8 ibches X 3 wide around two weeks ago .It was beautiful when I bought it but closed up and has not opened since . I also just bought a small piece around 2inches x 3 wide dont know what color was closed when I got it .Can i ask you how long it took for yours to open and did it shed first cause mine is shedding .

I dont see them on your gallery, looks like one of your big rocks is covered completely with zoos. Is that a pom pom xenia under your galaxia? Looks like mine.

Ya, the rocks are covered in the middle and right side mostly, with the GSPs. May be time for another pic! Anyhow at the time of those pix, I had no zoos. I have recently purchased a small colony though. It had 1 or 2 orange that I really wanted but I think the others are strangling its light!

GL!

Back
Top Bottom