Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jcj0033

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I bought these two new swallowtail angelfish from live aquaria well I made a mistake. I didn't put them in my quarantine tank and now they have what looks like these white flakes on them. I know it's some kind of bacterial infection or some type of parasite. I really don't know what to do and now my blue tang has Popeye. How do I treat it ? What should I do? I am setting up my quarantine tank again but it may take a while for it to be cycle ? I have Prozipro but what else should I use to treat the fish and can I treat the fish in the main display ? I don't really want to tear down my tank to have to catch the fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Please provide tank specs, size, fish etc. I don't know much about saltwater but this might be ich, which is cureable.

275 gallon tank
5 anthias
1 regal tang
1 yellow tang
1 Midas blenny
1 black cap basslet
1 pink diamond goby
2 clown fish
1 cleaner wrasse and cleaner shrimp

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Start off with a large water change. The end of the day, healthy fish don't get sick. The popeye is pointing my thought to parameters spiking with the addition of two large fish, sort of a mini cycle situation. This may be the explanation to what is going on with your new fish as well, since being shipped across the country and into a new home is pretty stressful on top of a possible mini cycle.
As it stands, a QT tank probably wouldn't be of much assistance as you wouldn't know what you are treating specifically and would have to be doing continued water changes to keep the parameters in check there anyway.

Back
Top Bottom