Okay, so my 90g aquarium has just started cycling again using RO
water, and 31lb uncured rock. There wasn't any nitrate spike as the uncured rock was already partially cleaned/cured over 2 weeks at the store... (scrubbed down and all.)
Last night I picked up another 96lb of live rock from an established aquarium. The owner is rennovating the house and moving his aquarium into the wall.. he had to get rid of some stuff during the rennovations and take the aquarium down. (apparently a bob-cat breaking down walls in the living room isn't good for a 200g aquarium...)
Anyway, the live rock is from a 5 year old aquarium, covered in purple algae, some mushrooms, a kenya tree, and some other nice little things.
This morning I look around the aquarium and I find a crab walking by... and a blenny!
Now from what I understand blennys should be introduced to an already established aquarium with lots of brown algae, and some may eat hair algae.
Now my aquarium doesn't have any algae, just what was moved over on the live rock... will this be enough to keep the blenny alive, or is there something else I can feed him? How about the hermit crab?