Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-15-2006, 06:54 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to ChazYork
well he's called down a bit now, but my 3 new green chromis are scared and only stay on one side of the tank...i dont want to take the rock out but its looking that way (i could reaquascape anyway )

55g reef, 75lbs LR, 60lbs of base rock from hirocks.com, small hippo tang, paired clowns, 3 green chromis, 1 yellowtail damsel, 3 peppermint shrimp, 1 pistol shrimp, various assortment of snails and hermits, polyps, purple ribbon gorgonian, pulsing xenia, yellow button polyps
ChazYork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 06:54 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

I tried that soda bottle gizmo and had utter failure. The fish didn't go near it.

I bought a "fish corral" on liveaquaria.com. I haven't used it yet. It appears like a good setup. I hope to use it when moving fish from the QT into the main. Plan is to start using it a week before the move by placing food into the corral during feedings. Hopefully the fish will get used to going into the thing. On the day of the move, once the fish go in, I'll close the corral door on the fish and move 'em into the main tank.

We'll see.

Spin

120 g FOWLR, Pro Clear 200 19 gal. sump (bio balls removed), 50# Walt Smith FiJi LR, 150# reefersrock base, 300# DSB, Iwaki MD 20 return, (2) Rio 600s, (2) Hagen 802s, Amiracle Quad II skimmer, (2) Coralife 4 X 65s, 2 Lebo moonlights, (2) 120 mm vent. fans,

(2) Perc. Clowns, (1) Yellow Tang, (1) cleaner shrimp, (2) Henis, pending: Foxace Lo, Flame Angel, blue legs, scarlets, 4 emerald crabs, nassarius snails, 50 mexican turbos, (1) good bankruptcy attorney when this hobby blows out of control!
spinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 01:20 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

I used one to catch cleaner shrimp. My regal tang went in it once, realized she couldn't get out and FREAKED! I was too funny. Mommy was right there to rescue her. Hope that works out for you.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:39 PM   #14
JG
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm trying to get a damsel out as well. First tried using a large clear water pitcher as a feeding station. Over the last two weeks I could have had everybody in my tank except the damsel. Today I slid a piece of clear plexi between the front of the tank and the rock work., flush with the side of the tank. I positioned a piece of eggcrate to be swung like a trap door.
Here is the kicker - I placed a large hand mirror into the compartment to lure him in for an attack on the "other damsel". He is ticked - but won't fall for it. The good thing is that he is so busy being mad that he is leaving everyone else alone.

However, my decorated goby has been sitting in front of the mirror for over an hour now. If I ever need to remove him, I now know how to get him out of the rocks.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:16 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
However, my decorated goby has been sitting in front of the mirror for over an hour now. If I ever need to remove him, I now know how to get him out of the rocks.
I like it! Vanity will get you in the end!

Tags
aggressive, damsel

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com