Help - Can't get banded cat shark to eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twcp

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a banded cat shark that hatched 2 weeks ago. We can't get him to eat.

We have tried ghost shrimp, neon tetras, cut up frozen silver sides, frozen krill, frozen squid, brine shrimp from frozen cubes and blood worms from frozen cubes. We have tried holding the food in right in front of its mouth and shooting it out of a syringe in front of its mouth. For the last few days we have been Garlic Extreme with it to try and entice it to eat. So far, no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks.

The ghost shrimp and tetras are alive. I hold these in forceps right in front of the sharks mouth. Everything else has been thawed from frozen flat packs or cubes. Garlic is being applied to everything now and one drop is added to the aquarium water just before feeding. I usually leave the tetras and ghost shrimp in the tank after trying to feed them hoping that the shark will eat them before or after they die.

Also, after one week, the shark was moved to an isolation tank. We have tried all times of the day and night hoping to find a time that the shark will eat.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom