Help -- Chromis Aggression towards Clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kgaz41

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well yesterday my yellow chromis went insane and decide to kill one of my clown fish witch ended up dead under a rock so the only way to get him out and the yellow chromis witch I think I mistakingly bought a damsel... Was to tare the entrie aquascape apart so I disturbed everything and took me hours to get it close to the way I had my other clown is still alive but would any Parma change or am I in for a re cycle

If your tank is established you should be fine. I rearranged mine numerous times and most recently I took everything out water to.

Yea the tank has been up and running for quite Awhile now. Also just set up my phosban reactor and doing a water change hopefully it will clear everything back up

kgaz41 said:
Yea the tank has been up and running for quite Awhile now. Also just set up my phosban reactor and doing a water change hopefully it will clear everything back up

You should be fine, just test and keep some mixed saltwater on hand in case.

I tested everything and all seems fine just a bit cloudy yet my zoas are out tho so that must be a good sign

Could I have trigged a bloom and that's what's causing the cloudy water?

kgaz41 said:
Could I have trigged a bloom and that's what's causing the cloudy water?

By bloom i take it your referring to Bacteria blooms and no that is not likely the case. Fine sand being disturbed and blown around can take a few days to settle or be filtered out depending on your filtration. Carbon will help clear it up as will a filter sock or polyfiber pad.

I'm running my overflow to my sump with a filter sock and filter floss packed in I also added a phosban reactor with phosban media

It's much clearer today I'm gonna go test. And get some more live stick any suggestions on some hardy colorful fish?

kgaz41 said:
It's much clearer today I'm gonna go test. And get some more live stick any suggestions on some hardy colorful fish?

Well stay away from damsels, if your looking for color, look at firefish or wrasses, especially many of the fairy wrasses.

Not sure what size tank this is.

It's a 75 oceanic tall with a 20 gallon sump half full it is slowly turning in to a mixed reef tank but in taking things slow.. And I know to stay away from damsels the yellow chromis I bought at my LFS went rouge but I think they mistakenly sold me it saying a chromis but really was a yellow damsel he was aggressive and he would go after my hand when I did any maintenance. So after he took a fatal blow to my clown fish I ripped the tank aqua scape apart to get him out he is currently in my qt tank till I get to the LFS.. So I need reef safe fish I currently have about 8 snails and 5 hermits and I have one clown fish in the tank I wanna get another clown fish the tank is currently cycled and used to 3 fish so I want to add 3 more... So I need reef safe fish

Back
Top Bottom