Help!!! Cigarette Butt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

warvillian

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok. Ime setting up a 75 gallong reef tank. Last nite I added some base rock and waiting for the temp. to reach 78 before I added about 4 pounds of live rock from the tank. So far so Good right...wrong I come home from work tonight and look in my sump and there lies a cigarette butt. I dont smoke so I have no idea how it got in there. So my question is how bad is it that I had a cigarette butt in my sump? There is some kind of film on the water in my sump but not in my tank. Do I worry? My parameters are fine so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Well as long as your parameters are good it should be fine. What kind of test kit are you using? And again partial water changes are your best friend

You should be ok since you are cycling but just to be safe run some carbon.

lol I was gonna say get it out of there and get some small nicotine patches for the fish

You should be ok since you are cycling but just to be safe run some carbon.

thats what i was thinking when i first read it. the carbon should suck whatever junk is in there out also the ash may add a bit more carbon to the system :p

and yes just place some carbon in your filter sock and just continue the cycle and everythign should be alright

it should be fine, a similar thing happened with me, no damage...whole pack in the tank

Someone put out a cigarette in my tub of RO/DI water. I just emptied it and filled it back up lol. Didn't have any problems.

Back
Top Bottom