Help decide my fish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paul87

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I've got a mccoskers flasher wrasse that killed my bicolor blenny and pics on my ocellaris clown. This kind of wrasse is supposed to be peaceful but mine isn't I guess. He wasn't always like this. And second thing I noticed a couple flatworms on my glass in the morning. I've had them about a week and finally found the ones I have on melevvs reef and according to him they are OK and best not to mess with. So I'm thinking a fish that will hopefully put my "peaceful community " fish in check but not kill him and maybe snack on a flatworm. I've heard news about damsels and dottybacks being semi aggressive and will eat flatworms. I know wrasses will too but I don't need another wrasse. My tank is 35 gallon. I wad thinking a bicolor dottyback. Any other suggestions???

Not so much worried about the flatworm ratings as much as a fish that may put mine in place but not kill it. I know its hit and miss with fish but any ideas will be very welcome!!

You could try a maroon clown, dwarf angel of some sort, or maybe a royal garama

Thanks for the reply. Yea I thought about a Pygmy angel but they aren't reef safe

Flameback and Pygmy Angels may nip at polyps and SPS, but I believe they leave others alone. Had an ex with a Pygmy in her reef tank and it was fine.

Yeah, hit or miss.. I think a Japanese swallowtail angelfish is supposed to be reef safe

Yea I don't really wants my polyps nipped at. Any other good candidate for semi aggressive possibly hair algae eaters??

Yea I don't really wants my polyps nipped at. Any other good candidate for semi aggressive possibly hair algae eaters?? Or flatworm and bristle worm eaters such as a dottyback or??

There is a crab sold in some stores called the nimble spray or sally light foot crab. Try that. Keep him well fed because he might try to eat your fish when he finishes the job.

Back
Top Bottom