Help Fancy Ocellaris laid 50 or so eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spanky

Aquarium Advice Activist
they laid b4 awhile back but i traded the batch to lfs lor lights now they laid again. what's the best way to raise them an at what size tank got 4 10 gallons on the way these guys laid unexpectedly.

I don't know what to say to u never been in that situation but good luck

They're very hard to hatch and raise successfully unless you are prepared. Joyce D. Wilkerson has a great book on clowns that includes breeding and raising the fry.

Under normal situations, these guys become free food for the tank unless house and raised in their own tank. I also know that they need to be fed live food daily...which can be a pain to culture and keep the parameters stable due to this. If this was me, I'd be trading more eggs in for more equipment! Maybe a reactor? Ro/di? What does your LFS have to offer if they would be willing to do the trade again?

parents got their own tank they were purchased with intentions of raising the babies. though find a bunch of conflicting articles so hoping somewhere here knows how. live foods no big deal i do brine shrimp and rottifers daily also have a couple mysis tanks breeding an peppermint shrimp. currently i do live foods for my dwarf seahorses. I'm looking into getting a commercial breeding license and a wholesale license to breed and commercially sell my fish as I gain more species to breed an get better knowledge of breeding saltwater fish. My whole goal at why I got into saltwater was to be able to breed and sale them an get off ssi which i'm on due to real medical issues unlike some the people i seen sponging off it. though thats a different story. holding a regular job never works tried many times but due to numerous dr.'s i see i miss too much work end up fired. so figured take my love for fish get into saltwater learn to breed an make my own living don't have to be much just enough to get by. but need to do it one step at a time which is learn the proper way to raise the babies i got the complete breeders guide but some info seems to be missing and people here seem to be knowledgeable to fill in the missing answers to questions i have.

Well, besides wishing I had a neighbor that raised live food like that at times, I don't know anything about raising fry. What herp_momma listed has been successful for others raising clowns in the past. Best I can do to help you.

going be getting that book. snipper don't sweat it you've helped me on other things especially bout year ago i remember you were a big help when first made jump from fresh to salt.

Back
Top Bottom