HELP FAST

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weemanpow3

Aquarium Advice Freak
This is week 2 now with The red slim is everyware and will not go away. everytime I put the red slim remover in it seems like its doubling its size. All my corals are covered and i dont know what to do know. I turn my skimmer off and take the sponge and carbon out of my filter and leave power head on. I do water changes every 5 days. I dosed the tank 3 times already.

Having asked this question before, I am tempted to write it in all capital letters...
What type of lights are you running?
How old are your lights?
How long are you running them?
What is your water source?
List ALL of the additives you are or have been using.
If you answer ALL of these, we may be more able to help.

My lights are 3 months old / 14k 250w metal halite
I run them for 7 to 8 hours a day
My water is RO/DI water/ 1.022 / 0 nitrates / 0 phosphate/ 370 calcium / ph / 8.2 / nitrates 0.

I can't remember, but are you using a filter?
I would say 25% PWC, once a week. I found the sponges in my tank causing problems with nitrAtes and also phosphates.
How about a biowheel/balls?
How much/what/how often are you feeding?

I took the biowheel/balls out no sponge or carbon in tank.
I feed every other day. When i put the red slim stuff in my tank will be yellow for 3-4 houres then crystal clear. I know its soposed to be yelow for 1 or 2 days.

will my corals die now. I keep picking off the slim of them

Ok, sounds like everything else is ok.
I would go with:
siphon as much as you can
and then 25% PWC
That is what worked for me. It took about two weeks to get it under control.
I did notice, after the 1st week, I could see a difference.

I would question the phosphate test. Are you testing the RO/DI water or the salt water? I had issues with my RO/DI water and ended up swapping the DI filter out. It was only a few months old at the time as well. This fixed my issues.

I just use frozen brine food and soak it in RO/DI water in a cup

Quit using the darn chemicals! You are just adding to your problems. Do water changes, run your skimmer, quit feeding but once every three days or so. Siphon the stuff DAILY. Dont use any additives. Increase the water flow. If you continue to do these things religiously, you will get rid of it. You might also want to switch to mysis instead of brine. Be sure to drain out the water before pouring into your tank.

Back
Top Bottom