Help... I cant keep fish!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes... Mix it and let it sit overnight. It's also important to keep the water aerated. You can use an old filter or powerhead. But if you have nothing just stir it on occasion, it's better than nothing. Even if that wasn't the reason for the fish deaths it couldn't have helped. Good luck, it stinks to lose fish.

Yes... Mix it and let it sit overnight. It's also important to keep the water aerated. You can use an old filter or powerhead. But if you have nothing just stir it on occasion, it's better than nothing. Even if that wasn't the reason for the fish deaths it couldn't have helped. Good luck, it stinks to lose fish.

Thanks man ill be sure to let it set overnight from now on

All my corals seem to be doing good, does anyone have any suggestions for getting rid of green hair algae on the glass besides a mag float ( some kind of invert or something, preferably not a chemical )

Attachments

• image-2244985047.jpg
    image-2244985047.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 68
  • image-931528283.jpg
    image-931528283.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 68
Nothing is more efficient than your scraper, and produces less bio load. All living remedies are hit or miss.

Nothing is more efficient than your scraper, and produces less bio load. All living remedies are hit or miss.

There's just some places I can't get to either because of rocks or the skimmer , I've seen some sea slugs will do the trick but that some of them will put out toxins if stressed out that can harm things in the tank

I mix my water and when the salt is dissolved, place it in the tank. I have never waited 12 hours to place water in my tank. I do however make sure my RO/DI WATER is at the same room temp as my tank.

I mix my water and when the salt is dissolved, place it in the tank. I have never waited 12 hours to place water in my tank. I do however make sure my RO/DI WATER is at the same room temp as my tank.

Need to wait 12 to 24 there's a lot going on mixing salt. You're. Burning there gills. Put you're arm in it. Lol it might sting some

Actually I use paint mixing paddle and a drill, so I'm pretty sure the salts "dissolved".

After mixing put a power head in your bucket and let it sit over night. I was only kidding about putting an arm in it.

Any chance there was ick in the tank from the tangs being stressed from being in a tank to small? Thats a common problem with tangs and could explain fish dying

Any chance there was ick in the tank from the tangs being stressed from being in a tank to small? Thats a common problem with tangs and could explain fish dying

It very well could of been, I've gotten a lot of good feed back from everyone and honestly its hard to say , I'm just focusing on my corals and Params right now and not going to add any fish until the middle to end of next month

From IO web site on how to mix salt

Always add the salt mix to the water, not the other way around. Adding water to the salt mix briefly creates a highly concentrated solution that can lead to precipitation of some ingredients. Always allow newly mixed salt water to circulate with a powerhead or airstone at least overnight before use. This allows the carbon dioxide in the aquarium water to reach equilibrium with the carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, which normalizes pH. It also adds oxygen.

From IO web site on how to mix salt

Always add the salt mix to the water, not the other way around. Adding water to the salt mix briefly creates a highly concentrated solution that can lead to precipitation of some ingredients. Always allow newly mixed salt water to circulate with a powerhead or airstone at least overnight before use. This allows the carbon dioxide in the aquarium water to reach equilibrium with the carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, which normalizes pH. It also adds oxygen.

Thanks for the advice, if I'm going to add mew waterwith less sg then in my tank what is a safe amount do to this.

The reason I'm lowering my sg is from evaporation over time my tanks sg has risen to 1.026 and I just don't want it to get to high

Thanks for the advice, if I'm going to add mew waterwith less sg then in my tank what is a safe amount do to this.

The reason I'm lowering my sg is from evaporation over time my tanks sg has risen to 1.026 and I just don't want it to get to high

You need to top of with fresh water to compensate for evaporation. Add fresh water to get your sg where you usually keep it (I keep mine at 1.025) and mix your water to the same sg.

Did you say you do regular pwc weekly? How much fresh water do you usually add and how do you do it? The reason I ask is sudden change of parameter can stress and may be the cause of fish dieing.

Back
Top Bottom