Help? Inside out anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ella_e

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is it dying and is it worth keeping in tank? Or flush?

Attachments

• image-2327800020.jpg
    image-2327800020.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 207
  • image-1066992636.jpg
    image-1066992636.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 240
No it looks like it folded in half at the foot. It was a happy little anemone this morning until it decided to move towards the filter intake, so I moved it and it decides to die.

*now not no. I feel bad flushing it because its still moving.

Why do you move the anemones? I remember you did this for your other one. And I think your tank isn't established enough based on what I remember from your other thread. There could be other factors to why it's doing so poorly other than you moved it.

I am holding it for my lfs (my job) because they have no power. My h. Magnifica is still doing fine, but I did not expect my boss to give me so many of these anemones and fish to hold. I had three inhabitants in my tank, now I have 5 anemones, 7 fish, two flame mussels (? Are they even called that), two starfish, some sort of crab/shrimp/lobster, and feather dusters. All I have been doing for last few days is water changes with live sea water. I really hope power goes back on because I am having multiple heart attacks.

Well it was either my tank, or 45 F water tank with no circulation or light for past 6 days. But the prognosis sounds great. I am excited to be dealing with further biological warfare that is going on. But back to original question: should I flush the anemone? Its insides are now back inside of it and its moving its foot. Should I risk it and collect its bodily remains throughout the tank tomorrow(if it dies)?

I know its going to die, I just feel so bad. And the juvenile garibaldi is not being nice to it either so its chances are not so high (and I know that the garibaldi is not reef safe,but once again no choice in the matter). The skunk clown is still trying to host it, and it just seems so cruel. Thank you everybody for validating my suspicion. Hopefully we get power back on (and gasoline becomes available), so that these guys can go back to their proper lives, and I can downgrade to a few heart attacks that involve only three tank inhabitants.

Garibaldi damsels are California's state fish. You'll see a bunch of them in La Jolla, CA. They need cold water so 60-77 F. Surprised the LFS didn't have a generator or something to save their whole business. Just curious why they give those things to you? I mean are you a close friend with the owner or something?

Keep the water changes going as best you can. You have a lot of filter feeders, so if the LFS has some reef chili or marine snow, feed a bit of that before water changes. Hope you've power back soon at the LFS.

No generator, the owner has had the place for about 8 months and business is slow, so a generator to power the whole place was not exactly affordable. We borrowed a small generator but it was limited in how much we could power. And it was not given for me to keep, it was given to me to keep them alive. I will be gladly giving them back ASAP. I have been waking up every couple of hours during the night to make sure that some catastrophe is not occurring. Apparently, some anemones like to move a lot during the night.

The dying anemone now looks normal. All puffed up and back to normal. How weird. Target fed everyone today with phytoplankton.

Back
Top Bottom