Help is apreciated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

panza

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello,

well i dont know if this site helps out with this kind of thing but any help i will like. Ok so heres whats going down im in 8th grade right now and the science fair is coming up soon and i want to do a project on some kind of fish related thing. the topic has to be a question kind of hard to explain like it could be what un eaten fish food makes the most algae. or some kind of question im a little stuck and need a topic thx. oh yeah on a budget so not to expensive... XD

You would have to actually test that out seeing as algae grows differently in different water, lighting and environment. Your best bet is to just give it a try yourself.

What about testing the memory of fish. See if you can "train" them so to speak. I read an article today about a guy who trained one of his fish to carry a small frisbee across a 6' tank. Use food as a stimulus and see what kind of things you can teach a fish to do. Or maybe have a few small fish and see which ones learn the best. The whole pavlov's dog experiment.

ha ha thatd be a good idea but i dont think i can afford to set up another tank to test its memory i was more thinking on the line of algae growth but i dont know how i could measure the growth of algae

Exactly what is the time frame you have to work on a project?

You know that month long waiting period you are supposed to wait before adding a fish to a tank. Thats called a Nitrogen cycle.

ok heres what i want to do which un eaten fish food brand creates the most algae.... so the plan would be that once a day i would put some food in once a day and see how much algae is growing more in then the other.... but the only problome is that i need to figure out a way on how to measure the amount of algae. any ideas? like does the algae have enough mass to wiegh? or by inches? anything?

You'd also have to compare and contrast the "makeup" of each flake food used.

oh yeah that shouldnt be to hard but any ideas to measure the algae growth!!

Just use pictures. Everyone loves pictures and I'm sure your science project will as well.

Back
Top Bottom