help is this bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike1989

Aquarium Advice Regular
Added a new light fixture went from 1 bulb to the fishneedit 4x24 and now I have bubbles on my live rock looks like air bubbles. I dont have a skimmer just two power heads and my hob filter. It is a 20g. Have 2 2 atnic blue bulbs making the bubbles look blueish?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

thanks for the reply it only seems to be on my hair algae tank is only a couple weeks old.Side note my hob filter does produce air bubbles that collect on intake tube but it does not look like they could reach the LR. the bubbles are not slime or colored and they seem to float to the surface as well. Also the bubbles are only forming right under the light the over hang that gets no light does not have these bubbles

hmm I cant see real clearly. Are the bubbles clear or do they have a color to them? Could be bubble algae or just bubbles trapped in the algae you do have. lol

Do the bubble break without any real pressure on them or let go? I don't think I have ever seen hair algae pearling check out that site and see what else it can be.

No color to them. They do let go and float to the surface, also last night when the light was off it went away and comes back when the light is on. Guessing photosynthesis?

Back
Top Bottom