Help me choose a new fish for my 75 reef!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
54seaweed said:
nice fox head hows he doing with coral
was thinking of 1 myself
almost bought a sail fin tang till read how big it got
Ordered a 100 gal bow front today (wifes going to kill me!!)

Sweet dude!!

They are perfect w/ most corals..but MIGHT mess with zoas and clams.

But i font worry. I have a zoo garden lol

He is about 3 inches. I was surprised when I put him in the tank. He went bright yellow in less than 5 minutes.

That's a beautiful mandarin!! :) My husband wants one, but our tanks too new for one yet, don't want him starving.

Wowzerz Tim. Thats one quality fish! I would love one someday! Does it already eat frozen?

He fed him mysis while I was in the store. Ate like a trooper. Hope he eats like that for me. He is munching pods in the tank right now.

That's a beautiful mandarin!! :) My husband wants one, but our tanks too new for one yet, don't want him starving.

I have been waiting too. I guess the stars lined up for me! He ate frozen in the store and I have a ton of pods. I have two mag floats in the tank and when I pull the outside one off, the inside one is crawling with pods. They are everywhere! I will monitor him closely and make sure he is eating prepared and will have a bottle of pods on standby just in case. My sump is also crawling with them. I think he will be ok. Fingers crossed!

spoonman said:
He fed him mysis while I was in the store. Ate like a trooper. Hope he eats like that for me. He is munching pods in the tank right now.

Wow awesome goodluck. I sortof wonder if a mandarin would work with my stock. My mom really wants one lol. I would def get one if it was like your little beauty!! Awesome pickup

Wow awesome goodluck. I sortof wonder if a mandarin would work with my stock. My mom really wants one lol. I would def get one if it was like your little beauty!! Awesome pickup

Thanks GBoy, I think I got lucky and the time was just right for this to happen!

there fun to watch in pairs constantly playing

I got mine trained to eat just about every thing

pods , tiny live mysiss , live brine , frozen , and also pellets

I already found eggs can't wait there behind a big rock on back glass in some micro algae
cant get a pict because there not in a good place cant get them focused in

I spend hours in my fish room wife don't see me much lol :D

better than tv any day (y)

wish you the best of luck with yours
as I had with mine

Back
Top Bottom