Help me convert my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I am treating my Wrasse that has ich with the low salinity treatment. after the treatment is over I want to make the QT tank his new home beings he cant go back in my DT because of the fact he needs to eat to often for that tank and the clowns harass him.

Im thinking of going very simple with this 20gal tank with a bag of fine araganite sand, 20-30lbs of Base Rock (ReefCleanersDryRock). Then ill put a AquaClear 70 on the tank to help out. im planning on makeing sure the tank is 100% ich free before I put Sand in, I just dont know if I need to wait to put rock in so the tank starts to cycle.

With only 1 fish just do lots of water changes and you wont really have to worry about the cycle.

Why not do hypo in the tank with rock and and filter. When treatment is done rock tank and fish will all be ich free and no need to cycle. I'm assuming the 70 filter already has established BB from display.

Well right now I have 20lbs of Marco rock in the tank along with 7lbs or so of sand just to cover the bottom. I have a sponge filter doing all the work right now. I'm going to keep the tank simple. It's mainly just for my mccoskers wrasse and a royal gramma. Or I maybe put my 2 clowns in it and keep the gramma and wrasse in the dt

Back
Top Bottom