Help me out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I was wondering where i can get an inexpensive overflow for a 55gal..or is there a DIY? I'm thinking of going with a sump or refuge.. any advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated. What pump would you suggest for return as well??

I can get you a U tube style overflow for about $50.00. Not really cheap, but I don't know anywhere you can get a really cheap one. You don't want to get too cheap on something that could flood your floor 8O . If you're handy with tools, you could DIY one from acrylic. Have you done a search on this site? There are quite a few threads that deal with DIY overflows. Also, check our "links" page out for links to some DIY sites.
Pump selection depends on what kind of pump you want to use. If you want to go with a submersible, I'd probably go with a Mag 7. If you want an external pump, I'd suggest the Blueline 30 HD. You want at least 550 gph or 10x tank size flow in your tank. Of course, you can have more flow than this...you just don't want less. I would probably use a couple of powerheads or a closed loop pump to increase flow if you wanted to though.

So tell me more about the u shape overflow. I'm interested..

So tell me more about the u shape overflow. I'm interested..

Any question about specific sponsor items need to be addressed in their sponsor specific forums. gotz_potential, feel free to post this question in CaptiveRaisedCorals.com's sponsor forum found here.

Back
Top Bottom