Help me pick a new fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmmm blue huh. Blue reef chromis, chalk bass, many kind of blue damsels, Pygmy angel, and there is another awesome one I can think of of the top of my head but I'm probably not spelling it right. I think its an ambassador basslet.

If you like the blue chromis, check out Fiji green chromis, they are a little more exotic that the regular green chromis, I believe they are just a brighter neon green.

The ambassador basslets are cool, kinda pricey. Saw one at Petco for $89. They will be found swimming upside down sometimes, kinda like the royal gramma. They're kinda shy though, don't think they're a middle of the tank swimmer, but u could be wrong. And they are blue, just like you wanted!! :) I steer clear of all damsels myself, just too mean, especially if your other fish will be peaceful. they are pretty, but not worth them killing my other "nice" fish.

Ya I forgot to put that in my OP "no damsels" lol. Mean and not worth it. I'm gonna check out the other suggestions though.

Ok so just did some google work, I couldn't find results on an ambassador basslet but did find the assessor basslet which is blue- very nice. I really like the blue gudgeon, I think I need to look into a screen top for my tank.

That's it. Assessor! LOL. I knew it was something like that. I've only ever seen one at my LFS and it wad awesome. 80 bucks is what they were selling it for though.

I second the six line wrasse. It has blues and reds and it's entertaining to watch. Beautiful, inexpensive and reef safe fish. Only other suggestion would be a engineer goby. Very cool and often mistaken for an eel when they mature.

Yea any wrasse would be an excellent choice. They are my favorite. Just couldn't think of a blue one. I have a mccoskers flasher wrasse and he is awesome. His fins are blue when he flashes. He also has blue lines that light up under atinic.

Here he is flashing. Really hard to get a good pic of him cause he's quick. Very very active swimmer though. The pic does no justice on the colors of this Guy.

ForumRunner_20120817_203852.jpg

That flashing tile fish was unreal, that is An expensive critter but I think that's the one. I'll have to do more research on them but very cool.

There are other species of tilefish but from what I've read only the Hoplolatilus chlupatyi flashes. This is the "flashing" tile fish. They sound like really interesting fish and I'm contemplating trying to get a pair.

kdpuffer said:
There are other species of tilefish but from what I've read only the Hoplolatilus chlupatyi flashes. This is the "flashing" tile fish. They sound like really interesting fish and I'm contemplating trying to get a pair.

Where do u get them from? Didn't see them on LA.

They aren't on live aqaria. Blue zoo has then for like 150. They are so awesome never seen one til I heard about them on this thread. Min tank size is 70 gallons. I only got a 35 so that's out for me. Maybe ill have one some day when I get a bigger tank. They are quite the show!

Wow that's definitely going on the list for my next tank haha

paul87 said:
They aren't on live aqaria. Blue zoo has then for like 150. They are so awesome never seen one til I heard about them on this thread. Min tank size is 70 gallons. I only got a 35 so that's out for me. Maybe ill have one some day when I get a bigger tank. They are quite the show!

I got a 180... Need to look at these guys.

Back
Top Bottom