Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-16-2005, 02:19 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Send a message via MSN to mardeebo
Help me spend $60 on ebay - what should I look for???

I converted my credit card rewards over to ebay points so I could buy something for my new tank (er, new to me, it's an established tank).

I'd like more live rock but am not sure if anyone has ever had a good experience with any ebay vendors or not.

Since I'm currently running a 72gal with 2 CPR bak-paks and 2 aqua clear 300's, I've been told a sump or wet/dry is a good idea. To do a sump, do you need to buy an overflow box right?

Or, should I go the route of a refugium? Would you do a fuge or sump first?

Ahhh the choices.

My tank is currently home of a tang, clown, firefish, 2 bubble tips, about 50 lbs live rock, starfish, and various crabs/snails.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

mardeebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 03:08 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Do you have test kits yet? If not, I would recommend that. $60 won't even come close to buying a sump/refugium. Mayyyyybe you could get an overflow box, after tax & shipping.

RLG2182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 03:34 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular
Send a message via MSN to mardeebo
I see the $60 as an excuse to buy something worth a lot more. Kind of like getting something I need on sale I figured I'd need to chip in quite a bit for a sump or fuge so wanted to see which would be better for me. I'm fine with that, but don't want to dump a bunch of my "own" money on something I really dont' need.

I think I'm covered for test kits..have the saltwater kit and also the phos, calc and a few others as well.
My tank:
72g bowfront
2 Bak-Pak II (replacing w/turboflotor this week
2 AquaClear 300s (replacing w/sump asap!)
50 lbs Live Rock (adding 40lbs after done curing)
1 PC light 4x65w
1 powerhead (not sure size) - will add 3 more

Current fish:
1 yellow tang
1 O clown
1 scooter blenny
2 tiny blue damsels
1 sea cucumber (large)
1 green brittle star (large)
2 bubble tip anemones
1 zebra hermit
10 or so turbo snails/margarita snails
10 or so red legged hermits
AIPTASIA to choke a horse. UGG.
mardeebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 03:54 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
I'd do the sump first if it was between these two. You can easily make the fuge out of a rubbermaid container that you pump out of the sump and into the fuge (gravity fed back). No need to spend extra on one of those. Make sure that the sump is big enough to put your some-day in sump protein skimmer (like an ASM G-2).

Join the NJ Reef Club Today! Saving the world's reefs one living room at a time!
MACNA XXI Atlantic City, NJ September 25-27, 2009
Phyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Carbon? | Live Sand »