Help me spend $60 on ebay - what should I look for???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mardeebo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi!

I converted my credit card rewards over to ebay points so I could buy something for my new tank (er, new to me, it's an established tank).

I'd like more live rock but am not sure if anyone has ever had a good experience with any ebay vendors or not.

Since I'm currently running a 72gal with 2 CPR bak-paks and 2 aqua clear 300's, I've been told a sump or wet/dry is a good idea. To do a sump, do you need to buy an overflow box right?

Or, should I go the route of a refugium? Would you do a fuge or sump first?

Ahhh the choices.

My tank is currently home of a tang, clown, firefish, 2 bubble tips, about 50 lbs live rock, starfish, and various crabs/snails.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

Do you have test kits yet? If not, I would recommend that. $60 won't even come close to buying a sump/refugium. Mayyyyybe you could get an overflow box, after tax & shipping.

I see the $60 as an excuse to buy something worth a lot more. Kind of like getting something I need on sale :D I figured I'd need to chip in quite a bit for a sump or fuge so wanted to see which would be better for me. I'm fine with that, but don't want to dump a bunch of my "own" money on something I really dont' need.

I think I'm covered for test kits..have the saltwater kit and also the phos, calc and a few others as well.

I'd do the sump first if it was between these two. You can easily make the fuge out of a rubbermaid container that you pump out of the sump and into the fuge (gravity fed back). No need to spend extra on one of those. Make sure that the sump is big enough to put your some-day in sump protein skimmer (like an ASM G-2).

Back
Top Bottom