Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-13-2013, 04:29 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Help me stock my 55 please!!

I want to stock my 55 gallon but don't know how. Right now I have 2 sets of zoa's, 2 perc clowns and 1 head of Duncan Coral. Oh and a toadstool leather coral. I have 2 xp3 (rated for 175 gallon tanks a piece. Yes I know it's over kill lol)filters hooked up to it running Chemi Pur, Purigen, Bio Chem Zorb and Phos Zorb. I clean the Micro filtration pads every week or 2 weeks. All params are spot on. Tank was filled with 65 pounds of aquacultured live sand, 60 pounds of dry marco rock and cycled with Dr.Tims one and only, Instant Ocean Bio spira and Seachem Stability just to make sure my bio filter was in order. That was 6 months ago and now I'm ready to add more fish. So help me stock it please. Only 2 clowns in it now I also have a quad 3watt led fixture so I think I'm set.

ChiTownRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
A baby great white!!

But really what are you interested in what kind of fish do you like?

shady3210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:34 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
There are so many possibilities and it is such a subjective thing. I'd go with some kind of reef-safe wrasse (McCoskers Flasher)...a Flameback or Pygmy Angel (reef safe with caution-many are fine in reefs)...Longnose or Flame Hawkfish....there's bennies and gobies and so on.

My advice is to stick with the suggested tank sizes for any fish. A lot of problems come when people try to put fish into smaller tanks. That will cause stress and stress leads to problems.
TheTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
In my 55 I have also 2 clowns, a bennet's puffer, a firefish, a scooter blenny and a gold stripe cardinal. I love that each fish is so different in the way the swim and behave and they all occupy a different part of the tank so everything is covered...
Bectan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:01 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 2 black ocellaris clowns, one spot Foxface, 2 chromis, and one carpenters wrasse. Planning on getting a Midas blenny.
Jake337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:12 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
I second the McCoskers wrasse, Tanaka possum wrasse, if you have stable rocks engineer goby, firefish are always sweet if you look at them close their colors are awesome. Hector or Ransford goby they like algae little guys and a nice clam many out there with different lighting requirement .

Daniel Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com