Help Me Stop The Bubbles!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaycie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Sorry this might be a stupid question but how do I stop the bubbles coming from by Aquaclear powerhead? I have the plastic tube still hooked up, is this the problem? Should I take the tube off? By the way, if you didn't know, the tube runs to the outside of the tank and has a knob that controls the airflow. Oh yeah, one more question. Should I get the pre filter for the powerhead? Any cons to using this? And should I position the power heads to shoot "through" my live rock? Thank you for helping out this newbie.

I would take the tube off.
Position the powerhead to break the surface of the water to oxygenate the water instead of your air pump. :)

Thanks Dog that helped the buble situation. The surface of the water is rippling is this considered "breaking the surface"? Also, should I get the filter for the powerhead? Thanks again.

Great! Yes, that's what i meant by breaking the surface. Getting a nice ripple will drag oxygen into your water.
I wouldn't think the pre filter is necessary...I don't use one. Maybe others may correct me here but I think you should be ok without it.
Have fun :)

Thanks man, you guys are great. There's no "use the search button" or "read a book by so and so" here. You guys are really helpful! If there is anyone that thinks that I should use the filter for the powerhead, let me know.

If you plan on getting some anemones or urchins and such I would get the prefilter. That way they don't accidentally get stuck !!

Back
Top Bottom