Help me with lighting please..!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Biocube14

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'd like to get rid of the stock lighting of my 14g biocube.. Currently it's 10,000k and a actinic. I believe theyre called compact florecents.. I don't mind the price. I just want a fixture that looks nice, make colors pop, and doesn't limit me to what I can grow.. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks!!!!!

Here's the setup as of now.. I lost one brain coral, I blame the lights..:(. I'm scared to buy Stoney corals with my current lighting.. Help please..

Attachments

• image-1881431109.jpg
    image-1881431109.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 113
For a 14 gallon tank I would think that lighting would be OK. The are on the bottom as far as intensity but for a shallow tank like that you should be OK. Maybe you could check out VHO lighting or maybe even T5HO lighting. Did you check out your water parameters to make sure?

Honestly my urchin knocked him off a rock. It landed face down in the dirt. I was gone for 2 days.. I then glued it to the rock and a week later it was a complete skeleton... I just keep learning about t5s, LEDs, mh, so many options... Idk the difference between perfect and overkill..
Also I'd like a clam and stuff that requires a lot of light, from what I'm told..

Ps tank is probably only14" tall.. But part of the overhaul is to remove the hood anyways.. Anyone have a biocube without stock lighting??

I know they sell hang on metal halide lights for biocubes. I think that would be perfect for what you're trying to accomplish.

Back
Top Bottom