Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Help Me With Stock List

So I am Starting a 75g Reef tank and am trying to figure out a stock list. a bit of info on the tank first. Its going to be a bear bottom reef, with a 30g sump. The total water volume will be 97g. The skimmer will be a reef octopus NWB150, I have rather High flow in the tank from a korilia 750 and 1150 and a vortech mp10es. also I will be running a BRS carbon/gfo reactor.

Wish List For Stock:

Midis Blenny
Royal Gramma
Dragonet (dont worry wont have one for about 6-8 months)
Kole Tang
A Single Snowflake Clown (Last fish in to avoid any aggression)
Copper Band Butterfly
6x Blue/Green Chromis

I would love to have a snowflake eel but dont know if it make a mess of my tank, it will be bare bottom and ill have high flow to keep things moving and I was planning on after feeding to put on a filter sock for a few hours then remove it to help remove so organics

What do you think? am i over stocked? can i add more fish? is that to many chromis?

CleverBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

I think it's alright other then butterflyfish

Old 03-21-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'd also ditch the butterfly and it's a negative on the eel as well unless your intent is for everything else to end up as a meal one day.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

well iv already ditched the butterfly idea they are beutifull fish but the guys at the lfs told me that 1 out of every 5 or so even make it after the first 2 days and then they are even less likely to live over the long run. the eel on the other hand i dont understand. do people keep only an eel in a tank? because i know thats not true.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:06 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

He will just eat you fish if he gets hungry enough
Old 03-21-2012, 11:00 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBs View Post
well iv already ditched the butterfly idea they are beutifull fish but the guys at the lfs told me that 1 out of every 5 or so even make it after the first 2 days and then they are even less likely to live over the long run. the eel on the other hand i dont understand. do people keep only an eel in a tank? because i know thats not true.
A snowflake eel is going to outgrow the other fish you mentioned and then the little guys will be on the menu. They generally do fine with larger fish like angels, tangs, groupers, and lionfish.

They are not normally aggressive, but my experience with morays is that they can't see very well and feed based on smell. On top of that, they get very excitable during feeding time and kind of go into a frenzy. If one of your smaller fish is inbetween the intended food and the eel, there's a good chance of it getting bitten. If it fits in the mouth, it will end up in the stomach.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:58 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hmm well I guess il avoid a snowflake in that tank then. Maybe he can go in my other tank then.

Tags
stock, stock list

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com