Help!Medicate or Water Quality?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessethebody101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Should I keep my protein skimmer running and not medicate or medicate and shut the protein skimmer off?I need help quick because my light brown tang seems to be getting it bad.Please Help!Thx!

I think people might need more info to be helpful . . . what is the problem? Ich? Remember that almost any medication will kill everything but the fish in a tank! :( Do you have a QT?

My problem is ick.I have a quarantine but it is to small to hold my light brown tang.I only have a FO with LS so I do not need to worry about killing anything.MY levels are fine and my temp is fine.So do you think I should medicate and turn the skimmer off or don't treat?

Hyposalinity would be a better option than medicating the main tank. As long as you do not have inverts this could work. A bigger QT would be your best option though.

Medication will be absorbed by your LS and proper level would be difficult to maintain. It would also destroy any life in the sand .
I agree if you must treat the main, hypo would be a much better option.

Back
Top Bottom