Help. Melissa wants coral for Christmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
One of the things Melissa wants for Christmas is corals. Go figure :D Since she can not climb the stairs to get to my office she can not see corals online to pick from, She also can not read this post. Anyone have a list of suggestions? Keep it under $1k. I am ordering Monday/Tuesday for Wed delivery. Only thing she knows she wants is a branching hammer.

Hey Brenden, how about getting her a laptop with wireless connection? Would save you time and would give her lots of things to do while recovering. :wink:

Just a suggestion. :)

8)

I have that serge. She just does not know about it. :) I need to give her incentive to get better so I do not have to do laundry anymore. :D Well to tell the truth I did laundry for a week then hired a nanny and a house cleaner to do everything so I did not have to. With Christmas coming and all the people visiting I figured it would not get used much.

Matt if I was Bill Gates I would be paying you to do my tank and I would just sit back and watch. :) Talked to aquarium maker tonight. Starting to plan new predator tank with eels etc. Got any pointers for me?

How big of a branching hammer are you looking for? We've got a 5 branch hammer in our store for like 40 bucks....its maybe 6 inches across with each branch being about the size of a quarter. I know something that size wouldn't be much in your tank, but hey, its cheap.

IworkatPSP said:
I know something that size wouldn't be much in your tank, but hey, its cheap.

He said "Keep it under $1k" so I don't think he's worried about cheap! :lol: :lol: Glad to hear she's doing better... when you're done with the nanny and housekeeper can you send them up the road to my house? :wink:

i have recently "found" the huge family of brains. i may wrong on spelling but i think wellsophyllia are really a great looking coral. lots of color variations and look great under actinics and higher K MH like 14K/20K

steve r

I would love to have a nice large showpiece of Acan Lord! Very nice coloration and an all around awesome coral!

You can check out ...

www.platinumreefs.com

They usually have some really nice showpieces and update their site every tuesday I believe!

[edited by Phyl: Fixed URL]

sharkysreef.com also has some huge colt corals in great colors. orange, yellow and pink. they also have several different colors of branching hammer. they have treated me excellent and i highly recomend thier stock. when i say huge i mean big. like as big as my head!

steve r

Macmommy: That was some well spent money in my situation. I would not do it in "norm" times but it took a big load off.
Steve r : I actually have a roughly 10" wellsophyllia currently. Really nice and growing fast. It is green I will check into other colors.
jermz: I had looked at that site a while back but forgot about it. I think I will purchase some from them to see how they are. Have you purchased from them?
Phyl: Have you purchased from them?

FraggleReef is a local and while I haven't purchased from him lots of folks close by speak very highly of him. FragFarmer I saw at MACNA. He had some very nice stuff with him then. He had some Dendropyllia at MACNA (they're similar to Suns but much larger and not as dependant on each head being fed as they're one system v. the suns which are separate animals). We almost bought them there, but they got scarfed up on us. They sell typically for 50$/head.

No fear, if you need help spending money I can help, lol!

Brenden ...

Yes I purchased some soft corals from them for my Nano and I can honestly say it was worth it. The colors you see on the site are exactly what you get and there customer service is excellent! I emailed the owner and asked if they could ship saturday delivery to me and he said no problem .... only $10 more!!!! They have some really nice stuff too, like I said I think they update the site on Tuesdays!

So what all did she get?! Do tell! Pictures would be *wonderful*!!

Back
Top Bottom