Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-16-2015, 06:48 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Butterflys are dangerous to corals, they can pick at them at any time. There are a couple of them out there that do well, but for the most part, not good.
Not a Copperband though, just a Pearlscale Butterfly.

Reefing Madness Tank Pics
Reefing Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:34 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Finally.... I've seen the culprit in action. However it was during the day today while the lights were on. I was walking past and caught my powder blue tang biting at my pulsing Xenia. The cheeky sod him lol. I newit, he was acting so shady, he would give me that side/corner suspicious eye look lool. Still it's very interesting with all the views on the pearl-scale butterfly though, the thing is... He also may well be nipping, it's just that I haven't seen him......YET!!

Anyway I have now created a safer haven for my Xenia to continue it's journey back to it's original size lol, but I'm not really sure what I'm going to do when it's time for my Xenia to head back down into my deep sea once again.

Decisions decisions.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

IbiAquariums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 03:01 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had the same symptoms on my Xenia and I have a hippo tang so this could be my problem I'll keep an eye on her! Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

markodeniro is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com