Help!! My Blenny swam down into my sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divemasterjim

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was looking for my Orange Spotted Blenny all day, I just happen to look into my sump and he is down there. Can he swim back up against the current? if not im screwed because he is in a sealed part that I cant get into.

he is in the sump or overflow?
sump should be easy... overflow not so easy.

Perhaps a pic will do? My clowns always manage to get into my refugium. But i've got one of those system 1i things.

Can you cut out a little piece of eggcrate to your intake, to keep them from swimming/getting sucked into it?

if it is like my fuge, the first chamber is completely enclosed.....the water rises up, over & into a tray w/ poly....that runs into a bioball chamber

if this is the case, i would remove the tray.....if you have anything in the bioball chamber, move that ....that way he won't hit anything if he comes through....he'll land in water

BUT....if you have bioballs in there, i don't know if you should remove those....could cause a problem w/ the tank

if it is like my fuge, the first chamber is completely enclosed.....the water rises up, over & into a tray w/ poly....that runs into a bioball chamber

Here is an image of my sump
lg_rd_22840_30497.jpg

The water inlet is sealed, I can not get him out

Got him!!!!!
A small net and some air hose is all I needed

I got the net in the top where the water comes out
And stuck an air hose in the bottom and blew like there was no tomorrow.
The massive air bubbles forced him right up into the net

great!....

and, yea, that is my fuge....but i took out all that stuff....i have LR, LS, & stuff in there:)

now i know what to do if a fish gets in there....thanks!

I have about an inch of miracle mud in the bottom, LR, and red mangrove.
It is the new home to my hitchhiker crab and his buddy the chocolate chip star fish
They both ate things in the tank that they shouldnt have

That #*@%^&$%&%^& He did it again, even after I built an overflow box to stop him. Looks like he sleeps there tonight.

Back
Top Bottom