HELP- MY FISH JUST STOPPED EATING

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

galen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
well, at least id dint screw up the title this time! rofl!

anyway, i got a 10 gallon tank with a yellow tang in it. it has 10 pounds of fiji live rock and about 10-15 pounds of live sand. he is alone in the tank and for six months was as a happy as could be with his algae stalks. he used to swim around real happy in his slittle world. theres a incandescent light bulb with 2 10 watt screw cf 50/50 bulbs. heater is an elite submersible 50 watt. no filter or protein skimmer, but weekly 25-30% water changes. sg is 1.022. ammonia, nitrite, nitrate are all at 0. ph is 8.3 and is steady. he was fine up until a few weeks ago. o btw hes around 5" now.

Is this for real? You have a 5" tang in a 20" tank? And you wonder why there is a problem?

yeah i agree, a tang in a ten gallon, no filter? this has got to be bogus

To put it quite simply, your tang is suffering from being in too small an enviornment. A yellow tang needs to be in at least a 75 gallon tank and a 5 inch one in a 100+ tank. Your tang will start to suffer parasites and maybe HLLE. The fish is not being treated right.

If you don't feed it, it will go away. Same type post on the freshwater side.

Back
Top Bottom